Congratulation to Swapnil Kamble
Amit Karpe
2006-01-30 07:57:26 UTC
We could have a polished seminar wher the rest of us work to support
Swapnil, and all he needs to focus on is giving the seminar. This would be
the most useful help we could provide him with.
Hi all ,
First of all congratulation to Swapnil Kamble .
Just who don't know about Swapnil Kamble .
He is SY BCS student from FC ( previously from H V Desai College) .
He won 1st rank in Calyx project competition in Under Graduation category .
He had done very good and useful project for all Programmer , who want to
learn Turbo's Graphics library functions as well functionality under
GNU/Linux system .
He develop a wrapper library with help of X windows library where he actually
implement many of Turbo's Graphics functions for GNU/Linux system .
As BCS-MCS syllabus get change and the whole syllabus orientation is toward
Open Source . Still many students and colleges use Turbo C's IDE for many
reasons . One of the main reason to use Turbo C's IDE is that Graphics
library . Now as he ported that library on GNU/Linux system you can use those
function on GNU/Linux system to learn Graphics . This is very useful for our
next generation who are free to use his library and contribute in it and
enjoy the felling of contribution .
As we was closely watching his development and his hard work . So we are
really proud to saying that he is contributor from our community in Open
Source . I request all of you to take time and go through his project give
your valuable suggestions to improve the project . Even go ahead write down
more and more functions so we must able to say that our group/community
ported 100% library functions . This is one of best way to learn something
from Open Source , from Community. More offend this happened that every year
students do projects but no one really use or get benefited from that
project . But Open Source Projects are the only examples where more or less,
or may be in future is going to use or get benefited by your hard work.
Waiting for your code submition at sarovar.org or sourceforge.net or
freshmeat.net . I will announce very soon about Seminar , till then loot at
the library code :-)

Regards .
--
Amit.