Congratulation to DPNS
Amit Karpe
2006-01-29 20:09:26 UTC
Hi all ,
It's time to congratulate to DPNS i.e. Deepen
Mehta , Prajesh Kacha , Nainesh Parekh , Shrenik Vikam for their mail sever
project :-D
To introduce these Hacker I really want to say Team Work it at its Best :-)
They all are from TY BCS , H. V. Desai College and won Consolation 1st prize
at State level competition in Jalgav District ( Organized by University ).
What else I should say when they will upload project you all take loot at
code and let me know .........
The project is awesome and difficulty level was at its part . Waiting for
completion of their first minor / quick start documentation after that they
also going to upload their project at sarovar.org or sourceforge.net or
freshmeat.net .

Regards
--
Amit.
param vaibhavam netum etat swaraashtram

           || Bharat Maata Ki Jay ||

Yahoo! Groups Links

bcslug-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Archishmat Gore
2006-01-30 07:29:31 UTC
Dear BCSLUGies,

Am I smelling critical mass here? It looks as if these two projects
were just the spark plug and the jump-start battery. I think this can
get the engine going in a self-sustaining manner.

Now that some people have been able to finish (a VERY important keyword
in projects) their projects so that they can be deployed and installed
elsewhere, I think others can now look at this as the ticket to the
destination instead of the destination. BCSLUG has got its passports
and tickets, we need to fly and actually reach the destination.

As I can see it, there are 20 TY projects/college multiplied by 30
colleges + 2 university departments. Finish your projects even in the
summer if necessary - but finish them. Dont let them just go 90% of the
way since a 90% project is worthless. And then upload them and announce
them out here. Apart from the satisfaction of a community giving code
reviews, help, guidance, promotion, and appreciation, you also get job
exposure, attract recruiters, gain experience, etc.

This is how we can all learn, grow and spread ideas, knowledge,
excitement, and of course, FOSS.

I'm going to provide an RPM-making service for all projects. All
tarballs will be converted into RH-based RPMS (since I can't do
anything else). I think deb users, Mandrake users, etc. can just
provide encouragement by converting tarballs into package manager files
for their respective distros. This could give our projects that final
professional edge that's seen on other FOSS websites where you can
download a variety of .debs, .rpms, .tar.gz, etc.

Those who're afraid of the configure+make process (almost all newbies)
may use these packages more. Even someone who maintains a very
dedicated configuration may not have build tools and compilers
installed.

Plus, it would be a large-scale distributed project management
experience for all of us. With different people writing code, docs,
building, testing, releasing, etc. And we'll all make terrible mistakes
along the way - and have fun with them. :-) Cause the ability to write
code is only 10% of the trouble, the logistics is 90% (which is why
CSLinux won the PG section of Calyx - for its logistic management).

May the force be with you........
--Archis

<snip/>