[OT] National Computing Contest on 29th Jan (register soon)
Archis Gore
2006-01-23 17:02:04 UTC
Dear BLUGies,

The Nalini Foundation for Symbolic Logic
organises the National Computing Contest on the last
Sunday of January every year. The contest is aimed at
mutual collaboration, interaction, and fun.

Being completely non-profit and totally
vested-interest-free, this contest achieves a smaller
version of the ACM ICPC. It is quite fun, exciting,
informal and without aggressive competitive spirit.

To register, please visit the website at
http://www.nalinifoundation.org/

The Foundation is currently working on some
Marathi-based variants of FOSS projects which some of
you can take up as college projects in part. The
contest will be held at PICT on this coming Sunday at
around 9:00am (though I'm not sure of the timings).
All ACM teams, contestants are expected to be there.
Your own presence will liven up the atmosphere even
more.

Since I've been promoting programming and
computing contests a lot, I thought you might like to
join. In true community spirit, it is not restricted
to only students. Literally anyone including
housewives or professionals can compete. The contest
is held for competition's sake only - to better
ourselves through puzzles.

I definately expect at least Swapnil, Shrenik,
etc. to be there since they're interested in the ACM
teams next year.

That reminds me, a synopsis on the IT Expo at
CMDA is coming next.........

Yours sincerely,
Archis

bcslug-***@yahoogroups.com