[Important] BCSLUG has been renamed
Archis Gore
2006-02-21 14:17:10 UTC
Dear members,

As per what I had mail you a few weeks ago, a
new mailing list has been set up with a new name. I
have sent out invites to all current members of
BCSLUG. Please do join the mailing list soon.

If you have any new threads, try to hold on to
them until you move there and post them there. If you
have any threads here that are about to close, finish
them and bring them to a conclusion (of course, this
does not mean we cannot discuss the same issue again).

As always: Read posting rules, read objectives,
read introductory material on the list before posting.
This helps prevent a lot of "been there, done that"
mails repeatedly. Especially if newbies could contact
some members personally about certain topics, that
would prevent unnecessary e-mails on the list for
everyone.

If you're in the middle of a thread, a good
idea would be to post an introduction on the thread
and what's been already discussed so that newjoiners
can easily pick up the discussion and join it.

Remember Sudhanwa Sir says, a mailing list is
impersonal. Anything goes, so far as it is not meant
or taken personally. Feel free to have big arguments
on the right thread prioritising algorithm in the
kernel. Such discussions help - us and the kernel
developers. Try to keep "he should have done so and so
in Redmond, Washington" discussions to a minimum,
because we can't do much about that.

As per the name change, CSLUG is now "Computer
Science LUG" so it's not restricted to the BCS/MCS
community. If you feel like discussing algorithms,
programs, how many passes gcc makes (I actually lost a
quiz contest for not knowing this) over the source
code, and so on, do post it.

Essentially, we were just having a discussion
on the posting rules. The rule of thumb is: if it's
academic or technical - it's all acceptable. If it's
opinionated, the moderators will decide on a case by
case basis. If it's entirely off-the-point, about
phreaking or cracking, piracy related, etc. then its a
big no-no.

Due to the recent spoofing incidents, ALL
mails will be moderated.

Waiting to see you all there. And BTW, do tell
others to join up. Friends, family, classmates, and
enthusiasts.

Yours sincerely,
Archis

http://mail.yahoo.com