LinuxAsia 2006
Archis Gore
2006-01-31 14:10:19 UTC
Dear BLUGies,

Well, I told Rohan I wasnt going then I came upon
this.

http://www.linuxasia2006.com/dot_org_mela/

It seems I overzealously promoted my FOSS project a
tad bit too much and its frighteningly in the .ORG
MELA alongside Fedora and FSF stalls. I could really
use some help if anyone's attending. I thought the
MELA would have a gzilliong student projects and I'd
be one of them. Never imagined to be part of something
so big. Frankly, I'm a bit frightened.

On the positive side, I have this to say to all the
new projects that have been announced recently. Never
undermine yourself. Something that you thought was not
worth displaying may just as well turn out to be
something considered important out there. What's going
to be more exciting is that there are going to be
special workshops on clustering and parallel computing
out there.

Unfortunately the team of 8 people that I worked with
are all held up due to non-cancellable appointments,
so I would really appreciate if any more volunteers
came forward to help me out. Amit and Rohan were
fixed. Now I'm the third addition.

Please visit yoda.sarovar.org for more info on my
project and let me know soon (like within the next 24
hours or so). I really dont want to stand alone in
that stall explaining my project. Plus I dont have any
posters or brochures ready. For me, its "All hands to
battlestations" for the coming week. Considering the
pressure with four people at the CMDA expo, just
multiply the number of people out there.

Yours sincerely,
Archis

bcslug-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/