Project on File System or Device Driver
Amit Karpe
2006-01-26 09:03:34 UTC
Hi all ,
Some one ask me help of "Project on RAM FS " .
So I am sending some material hope that this will help all of you .

if any one want Linux Device Drivers book .
check following links
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/
http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD3/
http://lwn.net/Kernel/LDD2/

For filesystem read following files
([Optional] First you must have to install Linux Kernel .
For that you have to check kernel.org and
This let you know if you want to compile kernel -> /usr/src/linux/README )

if u stuck -> Then http://www.linuxhq.com/lkprogram.html

Then for file system start here

If you got success to install kernel on your system and you get some files
$ls /usr/src/linux
Then read
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/vfs.txt
- Overview of the Virtual File System
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/romfs.txt
- Description of the ROMFS filesystem.
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/filesystems/cramfs.txt
- info on the cram filesystem for small storage (ROMs etc)
And
/usr/src/linux/fs/vfs
/usr/src/linux/fs/romfs
/usr/src/linux/fs/cramfs

read these

First read :
0) The Linux Kernel Module Programming Guide
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.4/html/lkmpg.html

or
if u use 2.6 kernel ( no need for you  if you use system like Redhat 9.0 or
older that 9.0 . Worst case check for your current kernel version $uname -a )
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lkmpg/2.6/html/lkmpg.html

1)
http://www.geocities.com/ravikiran_uvs/articles/rkfs.html

2)If you  got clear concept then go for
any one of Kernel related guide
a)For more info about fs :->
*** http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lki/lki-3.html  ***
        from
 http://www.tldp.org/LDP/lki/index.html

 http://www.tldp.org/guides.html

b)
 *** http://www.tldp.org/LDP/khg/HyperNews/get/fs/fs.html       ***
        from
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/khg/HyperNews/get/khg.html

Yes that is enough .

c)
***     http://www.tldp.org/LDP/khg/HyperNews/get/fs/vfstour.html       ***
                from
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/khg/HyperNews/get/fs/fs.html
                from
http://www.tldp.org/LDP/tlk/tlk.html

Best of Luck .

Don't mail me personally , I won't reply .
--
Amit.

bcslug-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/