Graphics libraries 0.2 are ready to use !!
swapnil kamble
2006-01-26 09:37:58 UTC
Hello Friends ,
Graphics libraries which I written like wrapper on X Window System whic is similar to Turbo C graphics libraries are now ready to use with full documentation . These libraries are basically prepared for newbies and FYs who are facing problems to perform pracs of graphics which is there in the syllabus and rest of pracs are on gcc . So just for those pracs they have to again go back to Turbo C . Using these libraries students can perform their graphics pracs on gcc i.e. unix/linux platform . This project is done for promotion of FOSS . Few functions documentation and graphics features are added from previous version 0.1 .
About s/w requirements ,these libraries need all X Software Deveopement packeges installed like mesa-dev ,X11. And it supports all h/w on which X runs . Colors may get varied a bit from distro to distro but does not make any huge differences .
There are total more than 80 graphics functions available in Turbo C and I have ported more than 65 working tested functions in version 0.2. Rest are not used by programmers and they are about graphics memory related which not useful as such . There are few additional functions are available in theses libraries which you neither find in TC nor in X Window like pointer etc .( For details read README and man pages ). And there few advantage of using these libraries on *NIX/LINUX platform that as you are doing it on X graphical environment so there are 256 colors that I have named in this version. So you can have better graphics programming on this platform . Apart from that I have also provided few functions which highly required for graphics programming like delay , sound etc.
But still there are few problems in available functions like text can not printed vertically which is possible in TC and in setting of bgcolor other objects gets erased which does not happen in TC but apart from these flaws it works perfectly fine for other objective functions . I recomend you to write graphics from scratch in this libraries rather than taking running programs of TC . There few functions which are still not available from DOS .
I have observed that students prefer to help files from TC for their programms. So I decided to prepare man pages for the same so I have prepared man pages for each and every functions and headers . Man pages of graphics functions are prefixed with x_ .
For Example . man page page for functions line
$man x_line
$man x_graphics ( man page for header graphics )
Documents that have written are good enough for programmers to have info about working of functions and its syntax , so just reading those man pages you can do your graphics
I have also written a small tutorial for peoples who are interested in X Window System Programming which describes the basic concepts more shortly and clearly and for deep epic studies refer X Window System Progrmming ( Barkakati ) . I did not got these books on bookshops so its better to refer all docs from 'x.org' .
I will prepare my site , will upload over there as and when I get time , but roght now if anyone interested and want these libraries just mail me " swap [dot] kamble [at] yahoo [dot] com " I will post it to you . AI specially would like to thank archis and amit for their moral support .
Sorry to be late because my net is currently disconnected .

Thanks .
Hare Krishna
...Swapnil

yogesh
2006-01-26 19:01:23 UTC
--
swapnil

This will flood your bandwidth. Lets add your source file(tar.bz2) to bcslug
files section. Then all member of the group can get the source code. :-D
---
yogesh chavan

Yahoo! Groups Links

bcslug-***@yahoogroups.com