Help needed! broadband connection through usb in fc4
sandy
2006-01-29 18:33:18 UTC
Hi all,
I want to activate broadband connection in FC4 through USB. But
I dont know the procedure.
Help needed for the same.
Thank you in advance.
regards,
sandeep.

Yahoo! Groups Links

bcslug-***@yahoogroups.com

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
Archis Gore
2006-01-29 20:14:39 UTC
Hello,

Could you be a bit more specific? I mean is it
like the Reliance phone's broadband, Indicom, etc?
Cause a generally you'll get some readymade scripts or
tools based on a specific purpose. Broadband through
USB is similar to saying connection through PCA or
ISA. What's important is whether it's a PCA card
modem, a PCA ethernet card or a PCA Wifi card. Same
applies to USB.

Sometimes one may work for the other. There was
an article recently on how to use Reliance's dialer
help provided in an old PCQuest issue with minor
modifications to use Tata Indicom's CDMA too.

Your basic starting point would be google. Try
parsing a few previous PCQuest issues. If not, let us
know.

If kudzu has detected your device, then you'll
probably only need to visit
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and play around to get
things working. For USB, I think FC4 has a much better
autodetection and hotplug support than ever before.

Yours sincerely,
Archis